When most people think of auto accident injuries, a stiff neck or back comes to mind. However, the injuries from a crash can be far more serious, and in many cases don’t appear for days after the accident. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be able to pursue compensation even if the injury wasn’t obvious right away.
At Jerome O. Fjeld & Associates, PLLC, our Houston car accident attorney has represented injury victims for more than a decade, and have recovered millions of dollars on their behalf. When you decide to pursue fair compensation for your injuries, our firm can fight tirelessly on your behalf to get you the maximum results possible. Don’t let an injury cost you more than it already has–call our firm for skilled legal guidance.
DON’T SETTLE FOR LESS THAN YOU DESERVE. CALL OUR FIRM FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION.
There are an unlimited amount of factors that can cause a car collision. Some of these factors can result in the victim being qualified to claim compensation for damages.
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving, like texting
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence
- Reckless driving
- Weather, including rain, snow, and fog
- Design defects
- Drowsy driving or falling asleep
Even though some of these causes may seem out of the control of any individual, causes like distracted driving and drunk driving obviously have an individual that is considered liable. In these cases, hiring a Houston car accident attorney representing you can be a beneficial decision when claiming compensation for your injuries.
Unfortunately, people often underestimate the damage a minor accident can cause. Especially for people with preexisting conditions, a simple fender-bender can result in life-altering injuries. Due to the commotion following an accident and your body’s natural release of endorphins, it’s common not to notice injuries for a few days after the crash.
If a driver’s negligence caused any of these injuries, you may be eligible for compensation:
- Neck injuries are perhaps the most common type of injury in car accidents. Mild to moderate neck strains and whiplash can keep you from working during your recovery, while serious disc injury and radiculopathy can lead to a lifetime of problems. In many cases, these injuries are not immediately obvious.
- Back injuries are also quite common, as a car accident can put a tremendous amount of stress on the spine. Back injuries can also remain dormant for a while after an accident, even for serious conditions such as a fracture or disc injury.
- Face, head, and brain injuries can happen when your face hits the airbag, steering wheel, or any other surface in the car. These injuries range from mild cuts and bruises to severe conditions like traumatic brain injury. In many cases, a concussion or other brain injury can occur even if there is no visible cut or bruise.
These are just some of the types of injuries which you may be owed compensation for. If your injuries were caused be the negligent or otherwise reckless driving of another individual, you could receive financial relief to help you cover the cost of medical bills, property damage, and even lost income.
At Jerome O. Fjeld & Associates, PLLC, we are dedicated to the rights of injury victims. We believe that the injury you suffered is burden enough, and you shouldn’t be saddled with the costs of medical bills due to another person’s negligence. When you retain our firm, we will fight tirelessly to get you the money you deserve. Our attorney has more than a decade of experience with injury claims, and was recently named among Houston’s Top Lawyers.
DO YOU NEED SKILLED, EXPERIENCED GUIDANCE? CALL OUR FIRM TODAY AT 713-572-6446.